[Twisted-Python] newbe twisted xmpp load

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Mar 10 08:54:42 MST 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:24:49 -0500, Wrene Robyn <wrobyn at cox.net> wrote:
>That throws an error if I import pollreactor in my code, then jid  tries to
>import reactor, days there is already an instance or something

You'll have to provide more information than this.  The behavior you describe
isn't what should happen given the program snippet below, nor what happens
when I simplify it to just this:

  exarkun at boson:~$ python
  Python 2.4.3 (#2, Oct  6 2006, 07:52:30)
  >>> from twisted.internet import pollreactor
  >>> pollreactor.install()
  >>> from twisted.words.protocols.jabber import jid
  >>> # No error

Generally when you encounter a problem you need help with, the best thing to do
is to create the simplest possible example which demonstrates the problem and
include it with your question.  Without this, responders have to guess at what
you're doing, which leads to incorrect, irrelevant, or ambiguous answers.

Jean-Paul