[Twisted-Python] Re: Can I still run (most of) Twisted on Python 2.2?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Mar 26 11:18:26 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:18 +0200, Erik Forsberg wrote:

> The project I'm talking about is ThinLinc which is the main product of
> the company I work for, and so far, we've been able to say that "it
> runs on any Linux that is equal to or newer than RedHat Linux 7.3",
> which is something of a strength.

At work (where we still have some machines with Redhat 7.3) we solve
this by installing our own version of Python in a non-clashing
namespace. It's very easy to do, and you could make it completely
transparent to your users (a few more files in the RPM).

Alternatively, you could probably with a little work either add relevant
bugfixes to older version of Twisted, or make the parts of Twisted you
use work with Python 2.2.