[Twisted-Python] Migrate Asyncore to Twisted

jian wu hellojianwu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:08:26 EDT 2007

Hi Sean,

I had some experience to write a simple python test simulator for my
java network
application using Apache Mina for a text line based protocol

At first I used asyncore.async_chat, then I moved to
twisted.protocols.basic.LineReceiver
since I need async multi-thread behavior. For me, it is
straight-forward regarding handling the protocol when moving from
async_chat to LineReceiver.

And, asyncore.disptacher is just replaced with Twisted reactor and
Factory or TCPServer
if you want to write a Twisted Application.

If you have a very complicated protocol, it might be totally different
from my experience.

Best regards,

Jian