[Twisted-Python] How work ldaptor and twisted

Julien Peeters jj.peeters at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:19:34 MDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm new to ldaptor and twisted. I don't really understand how twisted
work and how can I build a little application with them.

I would like to make a mini app which offers me the possibility to
administrate very simply my ldap server.
Then, the app have to wait for orders, and when it receive one, treat it
by sending the appropriate request via ldaptor.

My problem is with twisted, and more precisely with the "reactor". I
don't really understand how I can manipulate it and what is the place of
defered's in all that?

Thanks,
Julien.