[twisted-python] Communication between GUI thread and twisted thread.

Francisco Herrero francisco.herrero at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:47:19 MDT 2007

> ClientCreator is not proper for my case, because I need the re-connect
> ability.

I made a tricky for access to the protocol instance created, but I don't
know if this is sane for the structure of twisted. Is something like this:
----------
class P(Protocol):
    def connectionMade(self):
        self.factory.instance = self
        return

    def connectionLost(self):
        self.factory.instance = None

class F(Factory):
    protocol = P
    instance = None
then you can access to protocol instance inside the factory, if it's not
None.
If somebody see an inconsistency or a better sugestion please let me know.

Francisco
--
"El hombre se descubre cuando se mide con un obstáculo"
(Saint Exupéry)