[Twisted-Python] C++ port of Twisted

Tom Cocagne tom.cocagne at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 22:12:09 MDT 2007

    I'm not sure if it's sufficient for your needs since it doesn't have any
direct Protocol or Reactor support but a C++ implementation of the Deferred
pattern does exist. I've just recently cleaned up the code & documentation
to the point where I would no longer be embarassed to release it.
Unfortunately though, actually getting it released it is going to be a bit
more complicated than simply attaching the zip file to an e-mail. Apparently
the process for releasing software developed by the US Department of Defense
is poorly understood and no-one I work with has ever tried to do it. In the
end, I'll get it released but it'll probably take several weeks to navigate
the bureaucracy.

    I'll make a post on this list announcing it's availability once I get
through all the red tape. Even if it arrives too late for use in your
project, as I suspect it probably will, I'm sure there will be plenty of
future requests similar to yours. And, I'm sure that there are plenty of
people in the Twisted community that do C++ development and would love to
have that particularly handy tool in their back pocket ;-)

    Cheers,

    Tom