[Twisted-Python] profiling twisted

Markus Schiltknecht markus at bluegap.ch
Wed Jun 27 08:46:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for this great peace of software, I'm
using twisted for many different projects and really enjoy it's clean
and simple design.

Now, I'm wondering if there's a profiling tool, which can quickly tell
me what events are blocking my server. I have even deferred the file I/O
to separate threads, as I've suspected them to make the server behave
poorly when under load. But there still seems to be something
blocking...  What do you use to find the callbacks which block (for too
long)?

Regards

Markus