[Twisted-Python] Utility program to hex-dump network traffic

Andrew E andrew at ellerton.net
Sun Jun 24 18:45:40 EDT 2007

Dear Twisted Experts,

About 2 years ago I needed a simple way to hexdump network traffic. I
threw together a Twisted application, and have improved it little by
little whenever I needed to.

I didn't want to use an existing network sniffer tool. Instead, I
borrowed the idea of a tunnel from ssh:
Normally application A connects directly to application B; instead, A
connects to the tunnel which connets to B.

I posted the program to the ASPN site:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/502293

Though it works well for my purposes, I'm sure I've got some aspects
wrong -- any/all comments/feedback/advice would be warmly appreciated :)

Regards
Andrew