[Twisted-Python] C++ port of Twisted

甜瓜 littlesweetmelon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:43:20 EDT 2007

> > I love python and I find twisted fantastic, but here I have to write a
> > C++ application, for performance pseudo-reasons :-(
>
> It's not an option to write part of the application in C++ and part in Python?

Well, I don't think performance is the issue to rewrite twisted into
C/C++ code. The burden given by python/twisted is very low, because
twisted is much like a framework rather than computational-intensive
library. For high performance, you'd better write most of your code in
C++, and compiled into pyd extension module. Then you can use twisted
to "glue" the good framework and your high performance code.

---
ShenLei