[Twisted-Python] Distributed Trial Test Runner

Alex Lang alex.lang at mail.mcgill.ca
Sat Jun 2 11:11:41 EDT 2007

Hello,

For my Summer of Code project, I am implementing a distributed trial
test runner (http://code.google.com/soc/psf/appinfo.html?csaid=770D0FCD95DAFF9E).
The following is basically what needs to be done to get distributed
trial working, given a master machine and slaves:

1. Transfer the relevant code to all slave machines. (with conch)
2. Do test loading at least on the master (possibly on each of the
slaves as well)
3. Find a good test-to-unique-id mapping (probably using FQPNs +
something else for test_suite-generated tests?)
4. Implement a visitor which will run through the tests on the master
and split them among the slaves.
5. Figure out how to get SSH command shells open to the slaves and get
individual tests to run
6. Gather results from slaves and give them to a reporter.

I think that is all. Any thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,
Alex