[Twisted-Python] How to achieve a reliable "connection" over UDP?

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:27:26 MDT 2007

Thank you for all your comments!

I think I'll be looking at Vertex because I also need the actual UDP
hole-punching - the whole Vertex solution.

My dream or idea is to have p2p file sharing with webdav and real
mounted file systems on *NIX and Windows.

So I can "export" e.g. my /home/peter/projects writable to my other
machines as "projects", and /home/peter/public_ro as "public" read-only
to Fred, Sally and Alice.

I import Paul's "jokes" share as /mnt/p2pdav/paulsJokes, and Sandy's
"pics" share as /mnt/p2pdav/sandy/pics. And then access these files as
network drives.

Possibly later have /home/peter/projects be automatically synchronized
between all my machines.

Thats the basic idea anyway.

glyph-at-divmod.com |Lists| wrote:
> You will find willing assistance from me and probably some other Divmod
> folks & fans, because this is a project that many of us would like to
> see through to completion; we just don't have a lot of spare cycles (or
> business motivation) at the moment.
 >
> Depending on what you need, you might want to focus your maintenance
> efforts on improving PTCP's tests and documentation so as to make it an
> independently usable unit from Vertex's connection setup.  Obviously
> we'd like it if you could help us to get the whole thing to work, but I
> have to assume that by the time you're asking this question, you've
> already done some work on an application protocol to set up the connection.

Well, this looks like the right fit for me. I realize this project is
not small, but it is an itch I've had for a long time, and it needs
scratching!!! But it is a personal-free-time project, so we'll see how
fast it goes... :-)

Sincerely,

Peter

--