[Twisted-Python] [OT] Flash AMF and Twisted

Arnar Birgisson arnarbi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 17:32:41 MDT 2007

On 7/14/07, Reinoud Elhorst <twisted at claude.nl> wrote:
> I only read this message today. About a month ago, I started playing a
> little with such a project myself. Actually the project is (the
> millionth) media player on the Wii, but since progressive download on
> the Wii works only for flv-files smaller than about 100M (it runs out of
> memory else), I needed a streaming flv server.
>
> I'm still trying to get a feel for best practices in Python, however it
> does get the work done, it can streams flvs to flash player.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/wiidiaplayer/
>
> Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks!

Uhh.. I just took a look at your code and though "he's doing this
stuff exactly as we did" - until I realized it was my code :/ - I
guess that's partly our fault for not including the license disclaimer
in our experimental files. To be clear, you are free to copy the code
as you like - but please include the copyright notice somewhere (our
code is MIT licensed).

On the other hand, your RTMP stuff is something we are planning on
implementing in RTMPy. I would much appreciate it if you were willing
to join our project and help us out, since your input would definitely
be of great value. Our page is at http://dev.collab.com/rtmpy (seems
to be down atm) and our ML is at
http://lists.collab.com/mailman/listinfo/rtmpy.

Arnar