[Twisted-Python] dropin.cache?

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Tue Jul 10 19:56:58 MDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 4:48 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:00:01 -0400, Phil Christensen
> <phil at bubblehouse.org> wrote:
>> The problem is that putting a try/catch around getPlugins doesn't
>> work, or doesn't appear to. I've looked at the code in
>> getPlugins,  and I can't figure out why the exception isn't being
>> caught. Since  I'm not actually using the reactor, I would assume
>> there's no  deferred trickery that needs to be done, so I'm at a
>> bit of a loss.
>>
>> Any help in this matter would be appreciated...
>>

> There's an open ticket for changing the reporting of this condition
> from a
> full traceback to a shorter message:
>
>  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2409
>
> (Hmm, although that's not quite what I remembered, maybe there's
> another one
> as well).

So, I now understand why I couldn't catch the error -- I just
happened to be doing my own logging to stderr and thought the log
messages I saw were an actual traceback.

I have a simple solution for this issue, if anyone would care to
check out my patch attached to the ticket above.

I know this is a pretty minor issue, but it's tickling my "coder's

-phil