[Twisted-Python] How to achieve a reliable "connection" over UDP?

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Jul 24 14:43:39 EDT 2007

On 12:27 pm, swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com wrote:
>Thank you for all your comments!
>
>I think I'll be looking at Vertex because I also need the actual UDP
>hole- punching - the whole Vertex solution.

Yaaay!
>My dream or idea is to have p2p file sharing with webdav and real
>mounted file systems on *NIX and Windows.

Oh man.  This is *exactly* what I wanted to do with Vertex.  Of course,
you need a good Twisted-integrated version of FUSE first, but that
shouldn't be too hard ;).
>Possibly later have /home/peter/projects be automatically synchronized
>between all my machines.

That seems like more of a job for a version control system.
Synchronization is a tricky, tricky problem.

It might be more appropriate to continue this discussion on the divmod-
dev mailing list.  I'll be looking forward to it!