[Twisted-Python] Making a persistent SSH connection for a GUI

Paul_S_Johnson at mnb.uscourts.gov Paul_S_Johnson at mnb.uscourts.gov
Tue Jul 17 12:10:31 EDT 2007

I am not new to Python but am to Twisted. I am also no guru when it comes
to complex OO in Python.

I have a PythonCard app that's a dashboard-like app and have it opening
child windows that open SSH connections to various servers. I see plenty
of conch examples of "open, get and close" but I would like to keep the
connection to the server persistent so avoid the necessary connection
overhead each time I want to fetch info from a server from the parent
window.

Does anyone have an example of a persistent conch connection inside
wxPython or similar GUI? I have scoured the web and come up empty handed
though I found a few shreds that have part of the answer. I've tried to
tweak the nonpersistent examples, but making my way through four layers of
subclasses is a bit daunting.

Any help much appreciated.

Paul.