[Twisted-Python] Perspective Broker with blocking, non-thread-safe C api?

s. w. wingfields at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:34:02 EDT 2007

I'd like to use Perspective Broker to serve a set of objects remotely.
However, these objects wrap a non-thread-safe, blocking C api.  I'm new to
Twisted, but I believe I understand correctly that the blocking C api needs
to be accessed via threads in Twisted.

Given this, the only way I can think to use Perspective Broker would be to
use a special PBServerFactory/Protocol that limited the server to one
connected client.  For the use I would be putting the server to, this is
maybe not as horrible as it sounds, but it is probably as ugly as it sounds.

I'm hoping there's something in PB that I haven't come across that can solve
this problem in a more elegant way.  Any help or pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve