[Twisted-Python] producer / consumer question

Markus Schiltknecht markus at bluegap.ch
Thu Jul 5 03:01:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> Keep in mind, also, that a great deal of code has been written (and will
> be written before everyone has upgraded to the next version of Twisted)
> that uses the current IConsumer/IProducer APIs, and all of that will
> need to keep working for the forseeable future.

Sure. I'm currently in the situation, that I need to write a stream
server capable of handling various sources (database, files, http,
etc...) and various formats (images, videos, etc..). And as we've
already learned, it's well worth thinking about a good abstraction for
such streaming tasks. The IConsumer/IProducer pair seems to be the right
thing, but if the API isn't stable (AFAIR semi-stable is stated in the
documentation)...

> You can find some discussion, as well as our attempts to create
> something better, here:
>
>    http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1956
>
> If you have new information, feel free to comment there, but please read
> all the comments and try to understand them first: there has been a
> *lot* of back-and-forth over this issue.

Okay, thank you very much for the pointers. I'll investigate further ;-)

Regards

Markus