[Twisted-Python] poll reactor question

Christopher Zorn christopher.zorn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 11:26:35 EST 2007

Hello,

When I use the poll reactor I get the following traceback every now and then :

 Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/application/app.py",
line 278, in run
            runApp(config)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/scripts/twistd.py",
line 197, in runApp
            app.runReactorWithLogging(config, oldstdout, oldstderr)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/application/app.py",
line 131, in runReactorWithLogging
            reactor.run()
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/internet/posixbase.py",
line 218, in run
            self.mainLoop()
        --- <exception caught here> ---
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/internet/posixbase.py",
line 229, in mainLoop
            self.doIteration(t)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/internet/pollreactor.py",
line 141, in doPoll
            for fd, event in l:
        exceptions.OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

I looked in the tickets and could not find this. I am using twisted
2.4.0 and as you can see, python 2.3

Does anyone know what this could be? It only happens with this reactor.