[Twisted-Python] using py2exe or pyinstaller on twistd

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Feb 27 22:30:46 MST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:17:54 -0800, Alvin Wang <alvinwang at gmail.com> wrote:
>I mentioned at Pycon that I wanted to use Py2exe to distribute my tac.  How
>would it be done?  The alternate method I had been using was not using a tac
>file but that was not recommended.

Not using a tac seems fairly reasonable to me.  If you want to use py2exe, you've probably got a deployment environment where twistd would not make much sense.

You might want to write a Twisted plugin and invoke that from your non-tac python mainpoint; that way it would also be usable from twistd.

>Thanks
>Alvin Wang
>
>PS
>It was great meeting some of the Twisted folk at Pycon.  Highly
>recommended!!

Yeah!