[Twisted-Python] How to properly return a dict from adbapi

"Einar S. Idsø" einar.twisted at norsk-esport.no
Wed Feb 21 17:12:45 MST 2007

Phil: Thank you for your answer. I think I understand now, but the first
 question below will show if I'm right or way off:

L. Daniel Burr wrote:
> The MySQLdb adapter has a DictCursor, which subclasses the usual dbapi
> cursor, and should meet the original poster's needs.

I suppose that when I use adbapi.ConnectionPool('MySQLdb',...), I am
already using the MySQLdb adapter? It is straightforward to instruct
MySQLdb to use the DictCursor when programming in straight (i.e.
non-Twisted) environments, but how do I do the same from Twisted, using
t.e.a.ConnectionPool?

Please let a novice Twisted-programmer know if I am completely missing
the mark here, and I will go back to my cave with my original solution.
I'm just trying to understand the intricacies of the Twisted APIs and
lingo/semantics, and doing things right the second time :)

Cheers,
Einar