[Twisted-Python] Something strange about cred

Stephen Waterbury stephen.c.waterbury at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 8 17:51:02 EST 2007

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> ... I think the main problem you're
> running into is that HTTP digest authentication is being used  ...

*So* (for anybody still listening ;) I finally figured out the
implication of Jp's comment:  all I had to do was remove the
digest.DigestCredentialFactory('md5', 'My Realm') factory
instance from HTTPAuthResource's list of credentialFactories
and bingo, we're in basic auth mode and my checker works
with the web2 auth example -- yay!

That wasn't obvious to me from HTTPAuthResource's doc
string nor from the example docs, but arguably I should have
guessed it (sooner).

Anyway, I'm happy now -- thanks, web2 team!

Death to HTTP digest authentication!

Cheers,
Steve