[Twisted-Python] Support for ICMP ping?

Justin Warren daedalus at eigenmagic.com
Thu Feb 8 16:31:47 EST 2007

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:57 -0300, Nicolas D. Cesar wrote:
> I've been googling if there is any 'ICMP ping' support in Twisted. I've
> encounter ancient replies:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-August/005542.html
>
> I wonder if today is any ICMP support. I've tried to search the source
> tree[1], and doesn't seem.
>
> My actual needs is creating a DeferredList with "ping-testers" for different
> IPs, just to check if there up or not.

I'm a little behind in my reading, but this caught my eye. I've written
a twisted based ICMP module for our seafelt software that I'm willing to
share with people, if you're still looking for one. The purpose for
writing it is very similar to what you've described here, so it may suit
your purposes.

--
Justin Warren <daedalus at eigenmagic.com>