[Twisted-Python] Re: Advise for heavy concurrency

Nicola Larosa nico at teknico.net
Sat Dec 1 15:12:38 EST 2007

Manlio Perillo wrote:
> You see the memory growing because the Python interpreter will not
> release the memory to the operating system

This was true until CPython 2.4: the 2.5 version does actually release
unused memory to the operating system.

Python Memory Management Part 3: The Saga is Over
http://evanjones.ca/python-memory-part3.html

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

Restricting yourself to the intersection of the two versions [Python 2.6
and 3.0] is very painful and limited. We're not introducing backwards
compatibility syntax in 3.0, because that would defeat the purpose
(we've had backwards compatibility forever in 2.x, and the whole point
of 3.0 is to clean up the mess). -- Guido van Rossum, July 2007