[Twisted-Python] Handling PBConnectionLost errors

Daniel Miller daniel at keystonewood.com
Wed Aug 15 07:26:26 MDT 2007

David, Nicola and Phil,

Thanks very much for your feedback to my questions on this discussion
thread. I have devised a working solution. Failed remote method calls
due to dropped connections now seems to be a thing of the past (knock
on wood...). I have attached a file that contains my "RecallClient"
and "RecallServer" implementations as well as a very short example to
show how they can be used (the usage examples are untested). Note
that this implementation is tailored to my specific needs, and
therefore is definitely not a general solution. Here are some notable
limitations (there may be more):

1. The client is tightly coupled to the pb.Root object.
2. "Posting" server methods cannot return data structures that
contain deferreds (e.g. a list of deferreds). I'm not sure if that's
even supported by PB anyway? I haven't tried it so I don't know.

However, maybe it will be useful to someone else? I'd be happy to
hear your feedback if you decide to take a look at it.

~ Daniel