[Twisted-Python] Re: Windows maintainership

Eric Mangold teratorn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:37:37 EDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Timothy Fitz <TimothyFitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/23/07, Eric Mangold <teratorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Timothy Fitz is still listed as a maintainer, however.
> >
> > Timothy, could you let us know where you stand?
>
> I'm still interested in helping, though I personally don't see a need
> for a title/position of  "windows maintainer". Are there specific
> things you were doing that you feel need picked up by someone else?

Well I'll just describe some things I was doing...

I was operating xpdev.twistedmatrix.com, which a few people had access
to, and on which a couple bugs were hacked on and fixed.

I never did finish setting it up just the way I wanted (remote,
concurrent access to Windows desktops is so friggin hard), and so I
never gave all the comitters an account on it. That's what I wanted to
do, however.

The person who had volunteered his colo machine to host this vmware
image is unfortunately unable to continue doing so. So this machine is
offline right now (thought I do have the vmware image if anyone wants
to pick up where I left off)

Also, at one point I was actively monitoring and pushing along all the
outstanding Windows tickets. I was also tackling various tickets
myself.

At various time people brought there windows question to me and I
tried to provide whatever expertise I could.