[Twisted-Python] newb: Twisted-Goodies asynch cluster and TaskQueue

Ram Peters rampeters at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:50:09 MDT 2007

> I'm interested in seeing how others use asynCluster to distribute work
> among different nodes, and would be willing to give you some help via
> private email if you like. I have a chunked-download PB referenceable
> that you could use, too. (It's pretty basic, just slightly modified from
> what PB itself provides.)

At the moment, I think I am going to put this on a back burner.  When
I decided to implement it, I will probably ask you for help.

One more thing I wanted to ask you:

I am also thinking of using asynCluster & TaskQueue in another
project, where web server sends an python object (upon certain event
being triggered by the user), to the remote backend server. This
backend server puts the object in the queue and assigns a node to
update necessary database tables.  If I use asynCluster, then
asynCluster server would recieve the object and then I need to put
this in TaskQueue so that asysncCluster Client can retrieve it, check
certain conditions and update the appropriate database tables.

My question is, can I do this kind of stuff with asyncCluster and
TaskQueue and what issues I may have to consider?

Thank you.