[Twisted-Python] Using Twisted for distributed computation / experiment running?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:19:20 MDT 2007

> Are you using the PB, a custom protocol or a combination of the two
> to make your remote calls?

Our older version (called chainsaw) uses our own custom protocol by
default.  The newer version uses both PB and xmlrpc/rawhttp in
different places.  But, we have been very careful to design everything
using interfaces and adapters - thus all the network protocols can be
replaced/swapped out for new ones by:

1) writing a few adapter classes that adapt a given protocol to our interaces
2)  changing a single line in a config file to have the new protocol used.

With that said, we are moving more in the raw http direction because
it is so good at streaming large things around.  PB is nice but not
good at that.  Also, using http allows us to develop nice browser
based apps that use all this stuff.