[Twisted-Python] qtreactor and OSX

Black python at blackslens.com
Thu Apr 26 22:59:16 EDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:23:43 -0400, Black <python at blackslens.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I have a program that uses QT and twisted. I've had no problem
>> running it on a Linux machine, but when I moved it over to a Mac,
>> I  get the following error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "cursor_test.py", line 8, in <module>
>>     from twisted.internet import qtreactor
>>   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>> python2.5 /site-packages/twisted/internet/qtreactor.py", line 7,
>> in  <module>
>>     from twisted.plugins.qtreactor_stub import errorMessage
>> ImportError: No module named qtreactor_stub
>>

>> When I look in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
>> lib/ python2.5/site-packages/twisted/plugins, qtreactor_stub.py is
>> indeed  not present. Has anyone seen this before and can tell me
>> what is  going on here?
>>
>> Any guidance would be appreciated...
>
> This seems to be a bug in Twisted.  The module which it *should* be
> importing
> is twisted.plugins.twisted_qtstub (which I am guessing you have).
>
> Renaming twisted_qtstub to qtreactor_stub or changing qtreactor.py
> to import
> the name that actually exists should fix this.
>
> Jean-Paul

Thanks. I did some poking and I didn't have twisted_qtstub either.
I'm not sure why, but I rebuilt from source and discovered that all
it does at this point is raise an exception to tell me that qtreactor
is no longer included in the Twisted distribution... Alas.

However, it also points to a place to download the necessary parts -
I'll post it again here on the theory that I'm no the only one who
couldn't find it initially:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/QTReactor