[Twisted-Python] WANTED: Conch use-cases!

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 05:58:27 EDT 2007

> Hey Paul,
>
> I'm very, very glad to hear that you'll be cleaning Conch up.

Likewise.

My use-case is connecting to various embedded systems (primarily routers
such as Cisco/Extreme/Juniper, firewalls such at Netscreen and layer2
switches such as Cisco/HP/3Com) and either running SCP, SFTP or various
CLI commands. The latter is basically a better Expect.

Compatibility with the (many) buggy SSH servers out there.

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1902

...is one issue we suffer. I would *adore* it if the various bug
workarounds present in clients (e.g. Putty) could be present and
unit-tested in Conch.

You may also be interested in some basic SCP support I coded, and
tail-over-SFTP support:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2594

Good luck!