[Twisted-Python] Conch filetransfer *client* example?

John Popplewell john at johnnypops.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 10:52:01 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 12:08:42PM +0200, matteo acerbi wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm a Twisted *and* Python beginner, so please don't treat me
> badly. :-)
Hi matteo,

I'm new here myself.

> I'm looking for a way to transfer files via SFTP (or SCP) and,
> as I'm going to use conch to execute commands remotely
> (already did some working tests), I'd like to use the same
> package to transfer some files (copying them from the
> twisted-running host to the remote one).
>
><snip!>
>
> Does anyone have a simple example showing how to use the
> *client* classes of twisted.conch.ssh.filetransfer?
I had trouble finding examples as well.
Try 'twisted/conch/scripts/cftp.py', 'conch.py' and 'tkconch.py'.

Note: I don't think any of them work on Windows (not sure about
'tkconch.py') and there are a couple of minor bugs, patches here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2519

Hope that helps,

regards,
John.