[Twisted-Python] Twisted & Qt

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Sep 25 10:00:31 MDT 2006

Hi Ed. Let's please leave the licensing issues of Twisted alone. This
change was made quite some time ago as a license that would encourage
developers to use Twisted. I think this should be respected and the
licensing of code you are willing to commit, committed at MIT, so we
don't need to open this debate.

It is a reasonable and open license for this type of framework and there
is no point in cutting off commercial developers that wish to use it by
inserting GPL code. The point is that there are those who do in fact
obtain a license from Trolltech and will not wish to mix GPL with a
proprietary app, thus the MIT works well for this. Many thanks.

Regards,
David