[Twisted-Python] mechanize in twisted ?

Jonathan Vanasco twisted-python at 2xlp.com
Wed Sep 13 15:29:13 MDT 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 11:06 PM, L. Daniel Burr wrote:

> My experience has been the same; I've used twisted.web.client for
> years
> now, in production applications, with no issues.  That said, the
> original
> poster didn't mention any special requirements that forced him to
> go with
> mechanize; rather, the choice appears to have been made on the
> basis of
> activity.
>
> That said, there *is* a web2-based client, available from OSAF, named
> zanshin.  I haven't used it, but it is most certainly being actively
> developed

Sorry, I wrote this while rather tired.  Let me clarify.

	I know that twisted.web 1.0 is stable and production proven.
	And I know people are happy with it and love it.

	Right now I have a bunch of existing scripts that crunch analytics
and are already built on mechanize and run as cronjobs.
	I'm transitioning some to a job queue system , trying to optimize
some resources by handling it all within twisted.
	My winwin situation on choosing mechanize is in part , because
		a) it involves copy-pasting a few lines and reusing classes I
already have -- hopefully wrapping it into the event loop -- vs
porting a bunch of stuff to twisted.web.client1
		and
		b) its actively maintained, which means i get some random new
features on their development list that I need already ( like
integrated beautful soup support ).  most that  stuff is  trivial and
easily implemented in twisted, but i don't have to do that work.  its
done (in mechanize ).

So I'd like to stay within mechanize.   and I think i've got a way to
wrap it into twisted.

Thanks for the suggestions and trying to put me on the right track.