[Twisted-Python] Newbie question

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Sep 11 10:23:13 MDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:11:58 -0400, Stan Benrsteen <sbernste at mitre.org> wrote:

>Thanks for all your responses.  I think a restartable reactor is a  great
>idea!

I look forward to your patches :)

>Is it possible to use twisted servers with "ordinary" clients?

Yes, in the sense that you can easily connect a "regular" client to a Twisted server.  No, in the sense that you want, which is to say you shouldn't use a blocking client within the Twisted main loop.  However, as dialtone said, it should be easy enough to write a non-blocking client; twisted's client support is just as good as its server support :)