[Twisted-Python] Newbie question

Stan Benrsteen sbernste at mitre.org
Tue Sep 5 16:25:21 MDT 2006

Gentlemen:

I am trying to use the twisted perspective broker in a client that
repeatedly makes remote calls to a twisted server.  I'm running a MAC
OS X.

I create a client object, which calls reactor.connectTCP(), builds
the deferred object to make the remote call, calls reactor.run().  A
deferred callback eventually reactor.stop() and returns the correct
answer.

Now I need to do this again, so I create a new client object, etc.,
which goes through the same procedure and eventually call reactor.stop
().  Again, I get the correct answer from the remote call, but the
reactor keeps running.  In other words, the statements after the
reactor.stop() execute, but the statement after reactor.run() is
never reached.  The client hangs.

What am I overlooking??

-- perplexed