[Twisted-Python] twistd save state does not work

Fri Sep 29 10:53:10 EDT 2006

Remi Cool wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've readied my app for use with twistd, the daemonizing works, but a
> tap file is not saved upon exit (kill 'cat twisted.pid'). How can I
> enable the save state option? BTW I'm not using the -o option with
> twistd ;)
>
> Second ... is it possible to disable the twisted logging if you use
> twistd to start the app? Or is it possible to set a log level so that
> only warnings and errors are shown and my log is not flooded with
> (TCPServer) connection messages.

The save state function only seems to work when you start with a tap in
the firstplace. It then saves the state in appname-shutdown.tap ... ok
but why doesn't it work when you start from a python file?

My 2nd question about the logging still stands ... and is it possible to
(re)set the name of the log file in the python file where application is
defined? I have all paths for the app in an ini file (configParser) and
it would not be a good solution to declare the logfile path somewhere else.

- Remi -