[Twisted-Python] Twisted & Qt

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi-twisted-python at mithrandi.za.net
Tue Sep 26 05:49:47 EDT 2006

* David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca> [2006-09-25 13:00:31 -0300]:

> Hi Ed. Let's please leave the licensing issues of Twisted alone. This
> change was made quite some time ago as a license that would encourage
> developers to use Twisted. I think this should be respected and the
> licensing of code you are willing to commit, committed at MIT, so we
> don't need to open this debate.

I was not under the impression that he was suggesting that Twisted's
license be changed; instead I believe he was merely trying to point out
that since Twisted code is MIT-licensed as a matter of policy, having
code that possible constitutes a derivative work of Qt may be legally
problematic. Please note that I'm not trying to suggest an informed
opinion on whether or not this is true; IANAL etc. Also see glyph's post
in this thread for a reasonable course of action to clear this potential
issue up.