[Twisted-Python] removing unsupported reactors in twisted 2.6: qt,

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Mon Sep 25 11:46:52 EDT 2006

Robert  wrote:
>> That means that they do not currently work as well as the other
>> reactors, but more seriously, if they were to be *completely* broken
>> (say, start raising exceptions upon import)
>
> Hate to break it to you, but I tried a preview build of
> soon-to-be-released (I think) wxPython 2.7, and the twisted code raised
> exceptions on import :) I reinstalled 2.6.3.3 so can't show you the
> traceback. Dailies are available here if anyone wants to see what I mean.
> http://starship.python.net/crew/robind/wxPython/daily/

I don't know what platform are you using, but here wx 2.7
(2.7.0.0pre.20060712) and linux (gtk) work well. Work also well into my
win box...

Simple tried replacing 2.6 with 2.7 and executing my _not so simple_
applications that use wx, twisted for tcp comunication and adbapi for db
connections.

Michele