[Twisted-Python] removing unsupported reactors in twisted 2.6: qt,

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Sep 25 01:32:03 EDT 2006

Hi Glyph. I am not sure if I am the right person, but at the same time I
don't wish to see the code removed. I see deprecation warnings and
failed tests. Not great.

I am willing to help but I am not sure that I possess the expertise to
solve all the issues. I am willing to commit to trying though, hopefully
with the help of others. Perhaps I'll post on wxpython list to see if
there are others willing to help.

wxpython and twisted are both important toolkits. Twisted integration is
important to me for my own projects. I am hoping someone from the
Chandler project thinks so too and feels that sharing in this effort is
the right thing to do. I know there are a number of folks using
wxreactor or threadedselectreactor in their wxpython code. It is
reasonable that we shoulder some responsibility to help ourselves.

Regards,
David