[Twisted-Python] Re: 2 questions: adbapi.ConnectionPool ; Defer.DeferredSemaphore , threads.deferToThread

Ed Suominen general at eepatents.com
Fri Sep 15 14:37:08 EDT 2006

> specifically, i'm trying to have a scheduled job queue seed 1-50
> 'tasks' at once, each one using a seperate DB connection and running
> in a seperate thread.
> once they all complete, the job reschedules itself to run in the future.

I suggest you take a look at the asynchronous task queue on which my
sAsync package is based. I've been lobbying to get it included into the
twisted code base, see http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1768.

The latest SVN of the module is at
http://foss.eepatents.com/sAsync/browser/trunk/sasync/taskqueue.py and
the API document is at
http://foss.eepatents.com/api/sasync/sasync.taskqueue.html.

Unlike the rest of sAsync, which is GPL'd, the taskqueue module and its
unit test module are distributed under a variant of the MIT license in
order to be suitable for inclusion in the Twisted codebase.

Best regards, Ed