[Twisted-Python] mechanize in twisted ?

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at mac.com
Tue Sep 12 23:06:45 EDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:48:02 -0500, Moe Aboulkheir <moe at divmod.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:10:26 -0400, Jonathan <twisted-python at 2xlp.com>
> wrote:
>> I've got a job-queue process implemented twisted that interfaces with
>> Postgres and occasionally downloads some urls
>>
>> To handle the URLs, I'm using mechanize.  I know that twisted.web1  has
>> the client, but it seems to be not actively maintained, and  there's no
>> client in twisted.web2.
>
> I'm not sure that there is much active maintenance to do.  For what it's
> worth, I've called t.web.client.getPage() at least 10 million times, and
> i don't have any complaints.
>
> --
> Moe Aboulkheir

My experience has been the same; I've used twisted.web.client for years
now, in production applications, with no issues.  That said, the original
poster didn't mention any special requirements that forced him to go with
mechanize; rather, the choice appears to have been made on the basis of
activity.

That said, there *is* a web2-based client, available from OSAF, named
zanshin.  I haven't used it, but it is most certainly being actively
developed.

L. Daniel Burr