[Twisted-Python] mechanize in twisted ?

Jonathan twisted-python at 2xlp.com
Tue Sep 12 21:10:26 EDT 2006

I've got a job-queue process implemented twisted that interfaces with
Postgres and occasionally downloads some urls

To handle the URLs, I'm using mechanize.  I know that twisted.web1
has the client, but it seems to be not actively maintained, and
there's no client in twisted.web2.  mechanize is actively maintained
and has a bunch of features that I like, so its a win win situation.

except for timeouts

mechanize doesn't have a timeout of its own.  its using a global
timeout , i think its using the default python socket timeout, and
there isn't any override available. a 60s timeout doesn't work for
me.  i need 10s-- but i can't change the global timeout , as its in a
long running process and I don't want to interfere with any of my
other tasks.

so I'm thinking that I somehow wrap mechanize and toss it into the
event loop.

rather than spend a few hours reinventing the wheel, i figure someone
here *might* have done this before and can offer a pointer.  anyone?