[Twisted-Python] Support for ICMP ping?

Michael Samuel michael at miknet.net
Mon Sep 11 21:42:49 EDT 2006

On a similar note, I've been looking to implement OSPF in twisted (which
does multicast over IP protocol 89), and was wondering the best way to
bludgeon DatagramSocket into doing raw IP. (Preferably in a
cross-platform manner, but if it only works on Linux it'd suit my
purposes fine)  Any hints?

BTW, is there any interest in BGP around here?  I've implemented it as a
research project for work, and they've given me the go ahead to release
the source.

Oh, and to answer the original question... take a look at fping.  It's
output is designed to be parsed, and it scales really well.