[Twisted-Python] Problems with code in "Twisted" book ...

Walsh, Sandy swalsh at ncipher.com
Mon Oct 23 11:08:38 MDT 2006

Super ... thx for the help!

-Sandy

-----Original Message-----
From: twisted-python-bounces at twistedmatrix.com
[mailto:twisted-python-bounces at twistedmatrix.com] On Behalf Of Manlio
Perillo
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:46 PM
To: Twisted general discussion
Subject: Re: [Twisted-Python] Problems with code in "Twisted" book ...

Walsh, Sandy ha scritto:
> Hey there,
>
> Just got a copy of "Twisted" and I've been playing around with the
book
> examples. Can't seem to get the "Example 2-6. dataforward.py" to work
on
> Windows. I've reverted back to Python 2.3 (because I ultimately want
> use the secure stuff later). It compiles and runs, but I get no echo
of
> the input and the reactor seems to be frozen. When I Ctrl-C the
program
> I get my keyed input spewed into the console, so it seems python is
not
> receiving it.

I suggest to try with
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2157

1. Backup your twisted.internet._win32stdio.py and
   twisted.internet._pollingfile.py

2. Copy conio.py into twisted.internet and apply the patches
   _pollingfile.patch and _win32stdio.patch.

One problem is that the cursor/caret is not visible (and I don't know
why).
On my PC, with Windows XP Pro SP2, it works without problems.

Regards  Manlio Perillo