[Twisted-Python] Twisted - reactor activated by reciving UDP-package.

Sven-Erik Tiberg Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se
Tue Oct 17 05:05:13 EDT 2006

Hi.

I'm Sven-Erik Tiberg at Lulea Univ. of Technology / Sweden and having a
project to make a system for distributed Interactive 3D simulations.
My approach are to use OpenSource program as far as possible as Python,
Blender and Flux Studio in the client.
Transport of states will use UDP between client X3D-browser and
simulation server.

Would like to use Twisted with it's RT-functionallity to have Twisted
processes waiting for a UDP package to arrive ( interupt ) and then
activate a ROUTE node in the X3D-world that will change properties of a
X3D-Node like a cube, 3D speedometer,,

My Q. can a Twisted script be activated from an arrival of a UDP or TCP
package?

BG
Sven-Erik Tiberg
Lulea Univ of Technology.