[Twisted-Python] twistd save state does not work

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Oct 2 08:25:10 EDT 2006

>Why not incorporate python logging into twisted? That way is easyer to
>incorporate modules without having to 'bother' with twisted. Or use modules
>which are not especially written for twisted.

That wouldn't solve the problem, which is that twistd doesn't allow logging
behavior to be customized.  Once twistd allows customized logging behavior,
you'll be able to customize it to use the stdlib logging module if you want.

For quite a few reasons, I doubt we would change twisted.python.log to use
the logging package directly.  One of the biggest problems is that most of
the modules which were not written particularly for Twisted are blocking,
so using them would break any Twisted application.

Jean-Paul