[Twisted-Python] twisted SNMP problem

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Fri Nov 24 20:41:28 MST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to write a small program that gets some SNMP values from a host
using the twistedsnmp module. I modified one of the example programs for
that purpose but I'm not sure if I'm approaching this the right way.

Basically if I run the attached script things work out fine but as soon as
I comment in the line starting with "l2 = ..." and try to run the script
again it will freeze and I'm forced to do a "kill -9" to get rid of it. My
guess is that I'm running into trouble with the whole reactor/deferreds
thing but I'm not sure where the problem is. What I'm basically trying to
achieve is that I instantiate SNMPClient and then call getValue(OID) any
number of times to get the desired values.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here or how to implement this in a
better way?

Regards,
   Dennis