[Twisted-Python] advice on asynchronous LDAP?

Scott Lamb slamb at slamb.org
Tue Nov 14 03:20:40 MST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 11:10 PM, jean-marc pouchoulon wrote:

> Shimon Rura wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
> Hello
>
>> I'm a newbie writing a twisted server that needs to access an LDAP
>> server.  I started by using python-ldap, which worked fine and is
>> well
>> documented, but doesn't seem to have support for a callback mechanism
>> that would make it appropriate for a twisted app.  So I switched to
>> ldaptor, which fits the twisted model, but doesn't seem to have much
>> documentation.
>
> I tried to use it but it worked only with twisted 1.3

ldaptor, at least version 0.0.43, works fine with Twisted 2.2.

I've used it to add authentication to buildbot. Nothing fancy - bind,
search, rebind. My code lives here: <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/
index.php?func=detail&aid=1469500&group_id=73177&atid=537003>

Cheers,
Scott

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>