[Twisted-Python] SMTP server

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at int.greenpeace.org
Fri Nov 10 02:57:31 MST 2006

Hi Jean-Paul,
> The situation is not ideal, but I think if you use
> IMessageDeliveryFactory
> instead of IMessageDelivery you'll be able to accomplish your goal.
>
> With IMessageDeliveryFactory, you can create a new IMessageDelivery
> provider
> for each SMTP transaction.  validateTo is still called multiple times on
> your IMessageDelivery provider, but because a new one is created for each
> transaction, you should be able to avoid making multiple deliveries to
> your
> real backend.
>
> (As I wrote that I realized it was not a very clear explanation at
> all, but
> I cannot think of another way to put it without actually implementing
> something).
Are you suggesting that I would implement my own version of
IMessageDelivery to include the abstract method I'm wishing for? Just
trying to understand what you're suggesting... :-)

regards,
Jan

--

"It is an illusion to think that we are free to apply our increasing
knowledge in any way we choose. In reality we are struggling to deal

----

Electronic Technology Coordinator
Information/Communication/Technology
Greenpeace International
Ottho Heldringstraat 5
1066 AZ  AMSTERDAM
Netherlands (MET)

direct    +31 (0)20 7182084
fax       +31 (0)20 5148151
reception +31 (0)20 5148150
email     jan.bakuwel&int.greenpeace.org
private   jan.bakuwel&hccnet.nl
(replace & by @ in the emailaddress)