[Twisted-Python] manhole questions

Alec Matusis matusis at matusis.com
Thu Nov 2 18:30:03 MST 2006

Hello

I am using manhole with Twisted 2.2 like so:

manhole_factory = twisted.manhole.telnet.ShellFactory()
manhole_factory.username = config.manhole_user
manhole_factory.password = config.manhole_pwd
manhole_factory.service = t_service
manhole_serv=twisted.application.internet.TCPServer(common.config.t_manhole_
port, manhole_factory).setServiceParent(application)

I have two problems:

1) Backspace and Arrow keys do not work with telnet. How can I fix that?

2) When I make a mistake and cause an error in the interpreter, the
Traceback gets logged into the application's main log file, thus polluting
it. How can I prevent these errors in manhole's telnet from being logged
into the application's main log?

Additional question:
3) When I maintain a telnet session into manhole in a production server, how
does it affect its performance/stability ?

Thanks

Alec.