[Twisted-Python] trac's reliability

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmensystems.com
Wed Nov 29 18:56:30 EST 2006

James Y Knight wrote:

> 2) Horrible horrible locking (?) issues on the /trac/browser page.
> Hitting it with concurrency > 2 makes it handle about one request
> every 2 seconds, probably database lock contention or something. But
> also, it starts giving error pages like this. This is an traceback
> when trying to generate an error page. Yay.
Is this due to sqlite? I haven't looked at the Trac code, and I couldn't
see it
explicitly in the traceback, but it certainly sounds a bit like an sqlite vs
postgresql  problem, and  it fits the description of the Trac
developers. The
lock problems in sqlite are typcially related to writes though. Is something
written to the database here? What sqlite version is this? Sqlite 3 has a
better locking mechanism than sqlite 2.

--
Magnus Lyckå, M.Sc.
Team Leader Verification & Integration